Saturday, October 15, 2016

PI Critter Cam Day 13 (Part 2): Setting the Trap

Now that we've got the camera looking for animals at startup and have all the other physical components, we are ready to get some animal pictures.

First, I need a way to put birdseed next to the camera.  I had some extra Y Guides shark tooth sifters laying around, which will make a great plain for holding birdseed.  I'll attach my PI enclosure to that with some wood screws.  I'm also going to cover them with tack in an attempt to keep water from entering the enclosure through the screw holes.


Now, we'll put the PI in the enclosure and here's the complete picture.


All we need now is some birdseed!

But wait... the sifter was built with chicken wire and birdseed will fall through that.  So, I'll put some plexiglassish material from a broken, cheap picture frame between the chicken wire and sifter frame.  

I've plugged in the battery,  added the birdseed and clamped it to my deck.  All we need now is some critters.


I'm not exactly sure how long the freebie battery will power the PI.  I'll check the PI at the end of the day to see if it took any pictures and, if I can figure it out, how long it ran before it died.  



1 comment:

Oscar said...

I would like to thank Ultimate Life Clinic for reversing my father's Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS). My father’s ALS condition was fast deteriorating before he started on the ALS Herbal medicine treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic. He was on the treatment for just 6 months and we never thought my father will recover so soon. He has gained some weight in the past months and he is able to walk with no support. You can reach them through there website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com