Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Stuff I Like - Coursera

I recently transferred into a new and exciting data analytics department within my employer.  When they chose me to be part of the team, I was thrilled, but a little anxious.  My background isn't really in analytics.

It was time to roll up the sleeves and get up to speed on this analytics field that I was going to join.  But, where do I start?!?!

Well, I found this great website called Coursera.  Coursera provides a place for universities to have online courses on just about everything.  The schools are pretty prestigious too.  UNC-Chapel Hill, Duke, and a large number of other schools all are represented.

So far, I've taken  (or am currently taking) a class on data analytics, statistics and data science, but there are classes on just about everything.  The professors post online videos, assign homework, and even give you a grade at the end.  They have forums where students can ask teachers (and other students) questions.  So far, it's been the best way I've found to start acclimating myself to this new profession.

And the best part?  It's completely free!  Well, not counting the work you'll have to put in to get the knowledge in your head...

1 comment:

Oscar said...

I would like to thank Ultimate Life Clinic for reversing my father's Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS). My father’s ALS condition was fast deteriorating before he started on the ALS Herbal medicine treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic. He was on the treatment for just 6 months and we never thought my father will recover so soon. He has gained some weight in the past months and he is able to walk with no support. You can reach them through there website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com